- In 2010, pastors in India requested materials to help disciple vulnerable children. In response, David C Cook—a leading Sunday school curriculum provider for over 140 years—developed this curriculum that was first used by orphans in India as the J127 club program, which continues today discipling more than 25,000 orphans across India.
- In 2011, the Anglican Church of Uganda requested these materials to use in their Sunday schools. In response, David C Cook Global Mission worked with in-country editors to revise the J127 curriculum to be customized for the children of Uganda.
- Currently David C Cook Global Mission works with organizations in 29 nations, and 10 languages around the globe.
- Life on Life is co-created with partner organizations around the world to ensure every lesson best fits those children.
- Holistic lessons address topics that help bring about life transformation for all children, but especially those considered vulnerable and at-risk.
- Every child who faces poverty, disintegrating families, violence in the home or community, physical, emotional, verbal or sexual abuse, or a lack of opportunity or education can benefit from this discipleship program.
- Every lesson is Bible-based and written from in a trauma-informed way.
- Haitian Creole
Life on Life curriculum currently has two age levels: Primary (ages 9–11) and Young Teen (ages 12–15). Lower Primary will be available beginning in 2018.
Each age level follows a 3 year undated scope. Each year has a Teacher’s Guide with 52 lessons per year. Resource Articles, Training, Family Connections, and other equipping tools are integrated throughout the curriculum. Optional Student Pages may be used either in class or as a take-home paper.